Studio Tovaglieri has been organising basic and advanced level courses for professionals and amateurs for 25 years. The topics touched:
- The turf: sowing, ordinary and extraordinary maintenance.
- The family orchard: planting, fertilisation, pruning, phytosanitary treatments.
- The organic vegetable garden – is truly “organic”.
- The vine and the wine: hands-on cultivation practice and winemaking in the cellar.
- Spring flowers in pots and in flower beds.
- Annoying insects: how to control flies, mosquitoes, ants, wasps.
- Unwelcome guests in the soil: insects, mice, moles.
- Tree endotherapy: an effective phytoiatric method that respects the environment.
- Garden restructuring: from the survey to the development of solutions with a low environmental and maintenance impact
- Weeding in private and public areas.
- The stability of garden trees: safety and pruning.
- Agricultural lands: tax and legal regulations, economic assessments.
- The most common diseases of trees and shrubs and control systems.
- Advanced courses dedicated specifically to operators in the field (pruning, weeding…).
- Training courses for garden operators in contact with the public.
Each year Studio Tovaglieri organises lessons at various levels aimed specifically for its clients and which deal with different themes. Free monthly courses – designed not only for amateurs – that deal with the month’s seasonal activities. For more demanding amateurs and professionals, specialised and in-depth 1-day courses or courses taking place over several days are organised. For those who travel from afar, there is the possibility of staying at the nearby Tovaglieri Farm: the farm also provides a convivial lunch after or during the courses scheduled, as well as being a testing and educational training site.
The courses are held in a fully equipped classroom. The presentation slides used during the courses, together with technical or summarised data sheets relating to the topic discussed, are available in paper or digital format. When necessary, the theoretical part of the course is backed by practice both in the classroom and in the field: the speakers and the participants can take advantage of the trial plots of turf and vegetable garden of the woodland around the Studio Tovaglieri facility, as well as the orchard, the vineyard and the Tovaglieri farmland.